During Autumn and Winter the society holds public open evenings once a month.
The next open evening will be on Saturday 29th October.
Activities on offer include:
- A talk on an astronomical topic. This month the talk will be about Exoplanets (planets around other stars).
- Opportunities to view the moon and astronomical objects through the societies’ main 61cm Newtonian reflector and a variety of smaller telescopes (weather permitting).
- An introduction to finding your way around the night sky with the naked eye and binoculars (feel free to bring your own binoculars along).
- Short video presentations on astronomical topics.
- Displays on the solar system and beyond, astrophotography, and the society.
- Meteor detection by radioastronomy.
- Opportunities to ask questions about astronomy.Refreshments.
For more information see our Public Open Evenings page.